Sunday, November 6, 2011

c4K summary 2


This month I got to comment on some awesome kids' blogs.  The C4K assignments are some of my favorites in this class. Reading them always reminds me that this is a great learning tool for students.  I hope my comments encourage them to keep blogging.
blog drawing


The first C4K blog assignment for October was Kayla.  Her blog post was titled, "Why do you burp".  In this post Kayla described what a burp is, and what makes a person do that.  She was very informative and talked about the gases and how they travel through the stomach and esophagus.  She also talked about how to use good manners and say excuse me.  This was my comment to Kayla: 
Hi Kayla!
My name is Kristie McNair. I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am studying there to become a teacher. I am taking a class there called EDM310. In this class we learn about technology and the way it is important for teachers and students. As part of our assignments for that class we get to comment on students’ blogs. My professor chose your blog for me to comment on.
Kayla, you are a really good writer! I read your blog and I was really impressed. First of all, your post on burping was really informative. It was also very funny. I really enjoyed reading your blog. When I am a teacher I am going to have my students blog too. Keep up the good work!

After I left Kayla's comment, she replied to me.  This is what Kayla wrote:
Thank you so much for the comment and i hope you read more when i post more. But can i ask you a question……. Is it hard to learn about how to teach?
This was my reply to Kayla:
Hi Kayla,
Sometimes it is hard. There is lots of work involved in becoming a teacher. But it is also lots of fun. I always want to do my best so that when I am a teacher I can help my students to learn all that they can. Reading blogs like yours is so helpful to me!

 The second assignment was to comment on Dalton's blog.  This blog was chosen by a random selector.  Dalton's blog post was titled, "The Human Esophagus".  His blog was about the human esophagus and how important it is to the human body. He talked about how his health teacher helped him to learn about the esophagus, and he included a picture of one in his blog post.  This was my comment to Dalton:
Hi Dalton,
My name is Kristie McNair. I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am studying there to become a teacher. I am in a class called EDM310. This class is helping me to become a good teacher and is teaching me how important it is for students to blog. Your name was chosen by the random selector. Your blog on the human esophagus is very interesting. I have never seen a picture of one before. I thought you did a really good job describing the way we use our esophagus. Keep up the good work!



My next assignment was to comment on Lakin's blog.  Her post was titled, "Why write???" In it Lakin talked about the reasons that she write.  She said that she writes to help her express her thoughts and feelings, or she writes a story about something that interests her.  This was how I responded to Lakin:
Hi Lakin, my name is Kristie McNair. I am a Student at the University of South Alabama, where I am studying to be a teacher. I am in a class called EDM310. This class teaches us about technology in education, and part of what we learn is how important it is for students to blog. I think that writing is a great way to express what we are thinking or feeling. What kind of places do you write about in your stories? I love to read and write too. I hope you keep up the good work!
My final C4K assignment for the month was PJ's blog.  PJ had drawn an animated picture of the New Zealand Sky Tower with Hyperstudio.  This was my comment to PJ:
Hi PJ, my name is Kristie Mcnair. I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am studying there to be a teacher. I am in a class called EDM310, where we learn about technology for teachers and how important it is for students to blog.

I thought your picture was really good. I have never seen the New Zealand Sky Tower before, so I Googled it. You did a really great job of making your picture look like the real thing. Keep up the good work
!

No comments:

Post a Comment